Skip to main content

Cocoa Buttercream Frosting

Fudge Marble Cake with Cocoa Buttercream Frosting and Oreo Crumble 

Frosting recipe 2 out of 6 from my Tale of 12 Cakes week:

Chocolate goes amazingly well with chocolate. Who knew? I loved the look of the fudge marble on the inside, coated with the delicious and rich flavor of cocoa on the outside. And how fun this cake was with a ring of oreo crumble on the outside! This cake went pretty fast on Saturday.

For the top of the cake, I just used the back of a spoon and moved it back and forth. I really like that unkempt look (and it saved me time not trying to make the top perfectly flat)

-------
Cocoa Buttercream Frosting

Ingredients: 
1 Cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
2/3 Cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3-6 Cups powdered sugar
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
2-4 Tablespoon heavy cream 
pinch of salt

Directions: 
1. With your stand mixer, beat the cold butter and cocoa powder until smooth. 
2. Add in vanilla extract, powdered sugar, and salt on medium speed until thoroughly combined. It should be stiff, this is when you add in the heavy cream until you reach your desired consistency. 

Comments

  1. Delicious! I love how you coated the sides with Oreo crumble!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fantastic! It doesn't look unkempt, just rustic and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to scoop spoonfuls of this straight out of the bowl!!! Yum...chocolate frosting is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to try this. Chocolate is one of my favorite flavors. Thanks for sharing on Tout It Tuesday. Hope to see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow. I think I'm in love! Yum-my. Thanks so much for linking up on Fabulous Friday at Faith, Trust & Pixie Dust. You helped make my par-tay a success!

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. can you put a recipe on here or send an email for....CAKE POPS ..PLEASE I WANT TO MAKE SOME BAD..rnittygritty88@gmail.com..i watched you on studio5

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I love hearing from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Green Smoothie Freezer Packets

Cucumber Tea Sandwiches

Zupas Chicken Pesto Sandwiches - Copycat Recipe

Turkey Club Tortilla Pinwheels

7-Layer Dip Tortilla Pinwheels

Roasted Red Pepper Potato Soup

Strawberry, Blueberry, and Green Grape Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing

Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes with Fresh Blueberries

Chicken Crunch Wrap

Almond Infused Cream Cheese Frosting